25 May 2008

Is the Portugal national team only Cristiano Ronaldo plus 10? How fair is the tv coverage?

I'm asking because I just saw the 6am edition of the tv news "telediario" on the TVE, TV Espana, a TV channel from Spain on my Time Warner Cable.

In the last 10 minutes dedicated to the sports, they covered the Viseu Portugal training camp in 30 seconds.

Wow! Much better to see the clips on TV than on my computer.

But here's where I got kind of mad. I like to know more about the other 22 or 11 players at the camp.


They started with:

"Portugal inicio hoy su assalto al europeo." (Portugal started today their training for the EURO 2008). Here's a picture of CR and Carvalho on the left.

I couldn't believe it. I said, "What? What do you mean? They're been in Viseu for 3 days already. Including Deco. Just because CRonaldo arrived 4 days later doesn't mean the rest of the team just sat around.

Then they said

"Su estrella Cristiano Ronaldo, pretendido por el Real Madrid, es el foco de atencion. El portugues pone fecha a la decision de su futuro."
(Its star, Cristiano Ronaldo, wanted by Real Madrid, was the focus of attention. The portuguese set a date for his future)


The clip then goes to the press conference, the part where he says in portuguese, "in 2 or 3 weeks, so I won't say anymore."



That's it. I don't blame them because they have to do what gives them ratings. Business is business. If just saying CRonaldo works, it's ok. At least mention the other players in the big clubs, like Nani from Man U, Carvalho and Ferreira from Chelsea and Barcelona player Deco.




- Do you think the news about Portugal team is treated as if it was Cristiano Ronaldo plus 10?

What are your thoughts?






See more posts with "Cristiano Ronaldo"