16 July 2008

Lower the 40 million euro price tag or Quaresma I think stays at FC Porto this season. Transfer talk for Porto's Quaresma


Photo: euro2008.sapo.pt

I was resigned to seeing Ricardo Quaresma at FC Porto this season, 2008-2009 again. I'd like to see him at Inter. The transfer talk for Porto online just seems to confirm that. For instance,

1) Inter signing of 2 players similar to his position, a winger and a midfielder

The signing of winger Mancini who plays like Quaresma on the flanks. The both easily switch from left to right, helps set up goals, or score themselves (Remember: Mancini's goal against Lyon at Stade Gerland in the Champions League. Quaresma's goal against my favorite club Chelsea at their home stadium Stamford Bridge in 2007).

The signing of Chelsea midfielder Lampard. Like Mike put in a comment in my other post "I think R. Quaresma is staying at FC Porto this season. Do you think he'll still go to Inter this season?" "Did you really think they'll sign another midfielder?" I say, of course! Jose Mourinho hasn't denied that he needs a midfielder. Today he repeated it in Inter's press-conference.

2) Present at FC Porto pre-season training in Germany:

Uruguayan Cristian Rodríguez was in the starting lineup in the game FC Porto- PAOK Salónica. The pre-season game. Ricardo Quaresma was on the bench. The official reason FC Porto gave was that he had "indisposição gástrica" gastric problems. I'm very skeptical. So my version would be "his head was not at FC Porto" so he went to the bench.

I know it doesn't mean much that he's with FC Porto right now. His move looks more improbably when he's there.

3) Mourinho said that Quaresma is a player in FC Porto in today's press conference

José Mourinho said in today's 47 minute press conference at Inter that
- "Gosto do Quaresma mas ele está no FC Porto." (I like Quaresma but he's at FC Porto).

- “O período de transferências só termina a 31 de Agosto, e precisamos de um médio. O Lampard está no Chelsea, mas eu trabalhei muito bem com ele"
(The transfer market finishes until August 31st and we need a midfielder. Lampard is at Chelsea, but I have worked with him very well."

4) FC Porto won't lower the 40 million euro price tag for Quaresma

AC Milan just signed Ronaldinho for 17,5 million euros. Much less than the 40 million euros FC Porto asks. I have a feeling that FC Porto just have an exagerrated price so Quaresma stays. I'm sure that if the price lowers to 30 million euros or even less, Inter will sign Quaresma in a heartbeat.


With all that said, I got very skeptical when I saw today's A Bola cover:

A Bola, July 16, 2008

FC Inter and Porto advance in the negotiations.

Mourinho will have Quaresma

It feels like a cover from the end of June when Inter hadn't signed Mancini.



- Do you think Quaresma will leave FC Porto for Inter this season 2008-2009? Yes? No because FC Porto asks too much?


blog comments powered by Disqus