14 August 2009

Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea) almost back! Completed one full training session- he said on the Chelsea FC website August 11, 2009

It's been a few months since Ferreira last played for the Portugal team. He's been ruled out since April 2009. Obviously, he missed the last Portugal friendly on

August 12, 2009. See Liechtenstein 0 - 3 Portugal lineups, video goals Aug 12, 2009 lineup- Eduardo in goal, Tiago replaces CR9, gk Moreira in goal in 2nd half. On August 11, 2009, he said on the Chelsea FC website "Paulo's Progress" that in the next few weeks he'll play a game with the Chelsea reserves!



If Ferreira stays on the bench it wouldn't make much sense for Queiroz to call him up for Portugal's two qualification match in September. It's more likely that Ferreira can be in the call-up list for the October 10, 2009 qualification match at home, Portugal - Hungary.

On Monday, August 10, 2009, Paulo Ferreira completed a full training session with the reserves at Cobham. Carlo Ancelotti looked on.

"I feel well, I am only just starting so let's see how the knee reacts and it is a question of time. In the next few weeks maybe I will play a game with the reserves and see how it is, but until now everything is going okay and there is no pain. The manager has spoken to me and it is important, but I am only making five months now, so it is still important to be careful and take it progressively. I will improve day by day. It is always different to train alone so I am happy to be involved and I hope to keep my luck. I just have to keep going and work hard," Ferreira said.

Next Portugal games 2010 World Cup qualification matches Group 1, Buy Tickets

Denmark- Portugal September 5, 2009, Venue: Parken, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hungary- Portugal September 9, 2009, Venue: Puskas Ferenc Stadium, Budapest, Hungary
Portugal - Hungary October 10, 2009, Venue: TBA, Portugal

Your thoughts


Bookmark and Share



blog comments powered by Disqus