23 February 2009

Brazilian-born Liedson and Portugal team- Queiroz will not talk about it again

After scoring twice for Sporting again in the last game Sporting 3-2 Benfica, cries of inluding Brazilian Liedson in the Portgal team are getting louder.

On February 14, 2009- Liedson gave an interview to SporTV explicitly saying that he feels Portuguese and wants to play for Portugal. Watch the interview

On February 23, 2009 journalists asked Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz about LIedson and the Portugal team, Selecção. Queiroz answered : "I know this is the topic of the day, but I also know it's not new and that it's been going on for a while now. I already gave my opinion on that subject, and I won't do it again."

When pressed on this issue: "If one wants to discuss someone's right for naturalization, then one has to do it with the Republican Assembly not the Portuguese FA. They are choices of life having to do with feelings that are not supposed to be discussed like this. That is why, I don't want to participate in it. It's not a good way to approach this issue by singling someone out." ,

I'm for including o Levezinho Liedson in the Portugal team. There's even a poll in today's online Record. Liedson has an overwhelming support!




Bookmark and Share



blog comments powered by Disqus