30 May 2008

About me- Monica 08


My name is Monica 08. One of my favorite teams is Portugal. I wonder what it needs to finally win tournaments consistently.

I started this blog in May to share thoughts about the Portugal games and players with other fans of the Portugal team and soccer fans.

I'm an American in the United States and still learning Portuguese. Two years ago I started to watch the Portugal games and follow it closely. All the detailed information online was in Portuguese and the sections in soccer forums were practically empty except on BigSoccer.

At the time I didn't know Portuguese so it was hard not to be able to comment on blogs or forums. Or, once they knew I wasn't Portuguese they'd say "a foreigner/ estrangeira..." and proceed to not take me seriously.

Let's face it, Portugal is not a very popular team with lots of fans around the world, compared to Brazil, Italy or France.

In the last 2 years, I started watching online the analysis in "Trio D'Ataque."

Almost every day, I read on Google reader Record.pt and some portuguese blogs: Linha Avançada, Alvaláxia Sporting, Revista Futebolista, A paxao do futebol, Hélder Postiga 23, Postiga The Best, and Sportingar.


So far I was lucky to meet Carvalho and Ferreira after a Chelsea pre-season training in California, U.S.A, in July 2006 and 2007. They autographed the Portugal flag and picture for me. I hope to meet the other players soon. Here's a picture I took of them:

Still need to do- see a Portugal game in Portugal, see the players in a public training.








-----

My Favorite team: Portugal, Argentina.

My Favorite Clubs: Sporting Lisboa, AS Roma, and Chelsea FC.

I try to watch the Chelsea games every weekend on Fox Soccer channel. When Rai International broadcasts the AS Roma games I watch them live at 6am. Sporting Lisboa games I like to hear online on Antena1.

After living Italy, I also follow closely the Italy team, la nazionale azzurra, and the Serie A. I don't miss "La Domenica Sportiva" on Rai international.

Interests Soccer champions league Piano Cabaret shows Italy travel Marx brothers movies language Bollywood films Kareena Kapoor

Favorite Movies Cabaret Stage Door All About Eve Joan Crawford films

Favorite Music Adriano Celentano Mina Liza Minnelli Frank Sinatra Dean Martin Ihab Toufeeq Fadl Shakir Bossa Nova Caetano Veloso Bhangra Jazzy B