28 July 2008

What soccer biography books did you read or want to read?

So many soccer players coming out with their autobiographies. Frankly Frank. The Rooney book. The Ashley Cole book. How to keep track of them all? Pre-order?

The only soccer biogrpahy book I read was back in 2005. Pierluigi Collina's "The Rules of the Game."

It has funny stories, behind the scenes things about referees, travelling, managing a family, dealing with the unexpected, sudden fame during the FIFA 2002 World Cup.

You get to see the World Cup from a referee's point of view. My friend went to Italy back in 2005 and brought me the book by Collina.

Front cover of the Italian edition, the yellow cover slips off so you see a picture of him too:

The English Edition doesn't have that nice cover:



It's time to get another soccer biography book, so I went on Amazon and created a wishlist of soccer books. I typed in search "soccer" in "books."

More than 80 thousand! So I went by most recent publication date. I'm only interested in getting books about soccer players.

So far, I put Jose Mourinho's book "Made In Portugal," "Moments" by Cristiano Ronaldo on my Amazon wishlist.

Check out some "soccer" books on Amazon:



- What soccer books did you read or want to read? Post a comment on which ones you liked and recommend!


blog comments powered by Disqus