31 May 2008

"The defeat in the Champions League won't affect my performance" said defender Ricardo Carvalho

Photo Source: http://euro2008.sapo.pt/multimedia/fotos/conferencias_imprensa
On Friday May 30, the 2 players in the usual press-conference were Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho and Benfica forward Nuno Gomes. According to the training sessions, it's assumed Carvalho will be starting. It's his central defense partner that is still up in the air.

Asked if the 2007/2008 Champions League final can affect ihs performance in the UEFA EURO 2008: [I don't think so, do you]

"I lost the Champions League. It's a crucial moment that is negative for me. But after a few days of working in my country, I think that that defeat will not affect my performance at all. We are professionals and we need to be prepared for everything."

Transfer talk. About possibly going to Inter with Jose Mounrinho:

"I have 3 or 4 more years in my contract with Chelsea that's why it will be difficult to leave but I think that won't interfere. It's good to be recognized by our work and that motivates me more to do a good European championship [EURO 2008]."

About being 1 of the 5 captains of the Portugal national team:

"If I was nominated it's because the manager feels that I have an aspect that can help the team, and that is very good and gratifying."

More transfer talk. Scolari at Chelsea?

"In this moment we don't have a manager and it's normal that Chelsea be interested in Scolari. I'd be satisfied because I already work with him for a long time and think it would be an added-value for Chelsea."

That tough foul on Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions League final:

"At that moment I didn't have the notion that I could have gotten Ronaldo. But we were opponents and in the field we only think of helping our team. But after seeing the images, I saw that I was a bit rough."

Source: www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=788758&idCanal=1252


----What did you think of his statements?

-----------
See more posts on "Ricardo Carvalho"