14 February 2009

Video Pauleta receiving 'A Bola's award Bola de Prata by Eusebio, Jan 28, 2009

January 28, 2009- Retired Portugal striker Pedro Miguel Pauleta (Portugal top scorer) received a special award by Portuguese paper A Bola.

In the ceremony at Ponta Delgada, Azores, there was the 'Pantera' and Carlos Queiroz. As a surprise there were also video messages by Figo, and Cristiano Ronaldo.

00:28 Pauleta in Portuguese: "Thanks for giving me this award. I won't forget my days with the Portugal national team. I want to thank everyone, my children, my parents."

00:51 On the phone, congratulatory message from LF Scolari:
"In this moment that you're not actively playing football, the people realize how important you were in the Portugal national team. Not just in the field but off the field. I miss you as my friend also." There were video messages by Rui Costa and Figo too.

WorldticketshopHe then received a gold medal by the FPF (Portuguese FA). Only 3 football players had received this gold medal, Figo, Eusebio and Fernando Couto.




Bookmark and Share



blog comments powered by Disqus