21 July 2008

Video- Cristiano Ronaldo speaking in Spanish, July 19, 2008 exclusive interview to ESPN deportes's SportsCenter



The interviewer was Fernando Palomo. All the 10 questions were about Real Madrid.

He was trying to see if Cristiano Ronaldo would say something about his future/ Real Madrid. This time Cristiano Ronaldo was smarter and didn't say anything new. I would have liked different questions, something about the Portugal national team, new coach...

If you speak Spanish- listen to the interview or read below what they said. I'm used to seeing him speak in English or Portuguese.

Nice to hear him speak in my native language- Spanish and the way he says 'jogadores' and 'clubs.'

Here's what they said in this video and let me know what you thought and post a comment ;-)

My English translation.
Fernando Palomo: How have you taken the attention that has formed with your possible exit from Manchester United?

Cristiano Ronaldo : Like I said, like I think, I have an opinion. Great players are always 'hounded' by big clubs. That's why I see this as a normal situation. Not just me but other players that are in the market, that are good and that other clubs want. I see it as a normal situation. But, it's not just this year. It's been a while that clubs have done this.

Fernando Palomo: Do you feel hounded [by the media]?
Cristiano Ronaldo: Not just this year. I've always been hounded by the media. That's why it's not strange for me. It's normal. We'll see what happens.

Fernando Palomo: What does Cristiano Ronaldo want for next season? Do you want to stay in Manchester United?
Cristiano Ronaldo : I want to be happy no matter where I play.

Fernando Palomo: Where can you be happy?
Cristiano Ronaldo : Where? Everywhere. It depends. If I'm with the people I care for. If I'm confident, motivated, any place.

Fernando Palomo: Is there a particular motivation for Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Manchester United?
Cristiano Ronaldo : If there's a motivation? I always have motivation. It doesn't matter where I play because I'm an ambitious player that always wants to improve. Now as for the future, I don't know. But no matter where I play I'll always be motivated.

Fernando Palomo: Are you anxious about your future?
Cristiano Ronaldo : No, what's normal.

Fernando Palomo: What's normal for you?
Cristiano Ronaldo: What's normal for me? To be in vacation, rest my head, body and have a good recovery. My future, it belongs to God, not to me.

Fernando Palomo: Do you read the press?
Cristiano Ronaldo : Sometimes, when I have a chance.

Fernando Palomo: You're not constantly looking at what's being said about you?
Cristiano Ronaldo : No, I think there are people who will speak well about me, and people who will speak ill about me. I'm with my friends and that's why I'm always fine.

Fernando Palomo: But would this help you as experience so that you can go back to Manchester United and...
Cristiano Ronaldo : You're going to insist with 40 questions about Manchester United and Real Madrid? What do you want me to tell you? That I'm leaving or that I'm not leaving? I don't know the future, only God knows. I can't say anything more.

Fernando Palomo: Thank you.

--------------------
The interview in Spanish:
Fernando Palomo: Como has tomado la attencion que se ha generado alrededor de tu posible salida de el Manchester United?
Cristiano Ronaldo : Como yo dije, como yo pienso, yo tengo una opinion. Los grandes jugadores son siempre asediados por los grandes clubes. Por eso yo lo veo como una situación normal. No solo yo, como otros jugadores, que estan en el mercado, que son buenos y otros clubs quieren. Lo veo como una situación normal. Pero, no es solo este ano. Hace tiempo que todos los clubs hacen eso.

Fernando Palomo: Te sentis assediado?
Cristiano Ronaldo: No solo este ano. Yo siempre fui asediado. Por eso, no es extrano para mi. Es normal. Vamos a ver que va pasar.

Fernando Palomo: Que es lo que quiere Cristiano Ronaldo para la proxima temporada? Te queres quedar en el Manchester United? Cristiano Ronaldo: Yo quiero ser feliz independientemente donde juege.

Fernando Palomo: A donde podrias ser feliz?
Cristiano Ronaldo: Donde? En todos los sitios. Depende de mi. Si estoy con las personas que me gustan. Si estoy animado, confiante, motivado. En qualquier lugar tambien.


Fernando Palomo: Hay alguna motivacion para que Cristiano Ronaldo siga en el Manchester United?
Cristiano Ronaldo: Si hay motivacion? Siempre tengo motivación sin importar en donde vaya a jugar, porque soy un jugador ambicioso y quiero mejorar siempre. Ahora del futuro yo no se, pero independientemente donde jugar, voy a siempre estar motivado.

Fernando Palomo: Estas ansioso por tu futuro?

Cristiano Ronaldo: No. Lo normal.

Fernando Palomo: Que es normal para ti?
Cristiano Ronaldo: Para mi que es normal? Estar de vacaciones, descansar la cabeca, el cuerpo, y hacer una buena recuperación. Mi futuro, a Dios pertenece, no a mi.

Fernando Palomo: Lees la prensa?
Cristiano Ronaldo: A veces, quando tengo la oportunidad.

Fernando Palomo: No estas permanentemente buscando que se dice de tu nombre?
Cristiano Ronaldo: No, pienso que hay personas que hablan bien, hay personas que hablan mal. Yo estoy con mis amigos, y por eso estoy siempre bien.

Fernando Palomo: Pero te serviria eso como expieriencia para poder regresar ahora a Manchester, y ganarte el carino...
Cristiano Ronaldo: Van a insistir con 40 preguntas sobre el Manchester United y el Real Madrid. Que quieren que diga, que me voy o que no me voy, yo no conozco el futuro, sólo Dios lo sabe, no puedo decir más nada.

Fernando Palomo: Muchas gracias.


- Did anything surprise from the Cristiano Ronaldo interview?

blog comments powered by Disqus