13 June 2008

"I thought it was a prank" says Nuno. June 9th press conference in Portuguese with Deco and Nuno


This is the June 9th euro 2008 Portugal press conference in Portuguese with Deco and Nuno the goalkeeper called up to replace Quim.



My favorite parts were when a reporter called Deco, "Joao Moutinho" Deco said "Joao Moutinho?" the reporter had to apologize profusely to Deco, "It was a question about Deco...." Then when the Portuguese FA representative warned the reporters that there was very little about the Czech Republic game too much about player transfers.
Deco-
Contract with Barcelona-

00:39
Nuno I'm going to try to give confidence to the rest of the team.
Question: Are one of your objective to be able to play in this euro 2008?
I'm very happy to be here. Very proud

1:40 Deco:
Question: Do you recommend to Joao Moutinho a move to Barcelona?
Deco: I don't know, Barca is a big club...

2:20 Nuno:
How did you react to the news (your call up to the Euro 2008 in the middle of your vacation)
Answer: I thought it was a prank!...

3:27: Deco:
Question: Having played with Petit and Joao Moutinho in the midfield...
Deco: Joao is now maturing in the national team...

4:19:Deco:
Question: In the Italian media, it's a given that you'll transfer to Inter
Deco: I already said my future right now is the Euro 2008. I don't have nothing definite with Inter. I still have a contract with Barcelona

4:55- Nuno
Question: Do you think you've given great performances before that justified you being called up even before now?
Nuno:

5:19 Nuno
Question: Where were you in vacation?
Nuno: I was in Algarve [south of Portugal] with my family, planned to stay a few days. Once I got the call, I did a U turn...


I haven't seen the rest of the video yet ;-)

See more posts with "Deco"