26 May 2008

Real Betis Goalkeeper Ricardo Viseu Portugal pre-training press conference, Monday May 26

Real Betis Goalkeeper Ricardo, Viseu Portugal pre-training press conference, Monday May 26. See this 3:56 video

About him leaving Sporting Lisboa for Real Betis: He doesn't regret the move and that he "is stronger today than yesterday."

About being "Titular"- (in the starting lineup)

He said that he has the ambition of being in the starting lineup and that he'll "give his best" also to understand and accept the options of Scolari.

My mission since I came in the national team ["Selecção"] is to everyday to the best in the group and I don't run away from that. We all want to play but who decides it is the manager. And what he decides is well-decided.

He's aware that he doesn't have his position guaranteed:

I missed a few games because of injury and not because of what was said in other places. My priority was to present myself here well. The objective of all the players is to get to that crucial hour ["à hora da verdade "] in the best possible physical and psychological conditions. Everything I did during the year only worked to enhance what I do. It was all very beneficial. And I feel today that I'm better than yesterday.

About him being in the national team

I've felt so happy to play many times and it's for that I will keep on working for.

About the training camp in Viseu: he said that it's with "great pride" to be in Viseu and be "well-received by thousands of people." About his goals: "The expectations at the individual level are to give the best and take advantage of it, but the group and the final victory are what is most important."

Source: www.Record.pt/noticia.asp?id=788236&idCanal=1252

I was surprised that he insisted that he was in good shape. The facts are obvious, 2nd choice goalkeeper at his club Real Betis, mistakes in the friendly against Greece... Compared to Quim, it looks like Quim has shown he's in better shape this season.

What do you think of his statements?




blog comments powered by Disqus