03 December 2008

Video Simao Sabrosa interview in UEFA Magazine Nov 26, 2008



UEFA Magazine - Simao
Uploaded by nextsport

Nov 26, 2008-Video Simao Sabrosa interview in UEFA Magazine in French. He speaks in Portuguese but is dubbed in French.


Simao Sabrosa is going through a positive time in his career. With Atletico Madrid's results in the Champions League, Simao comes to chat with us at UEFA.com.

00:15 About his beginnings with Sporting CP
Simao Sabrosa "Sporting CP was important for me. Especially when I began my career. It gave me the opportunity to play at a professional level. I spent a lot of years at Sporting. Everyone of them was important."

00:35 About his time in Barcelona-
"The 2 years I played there- they're very important for me. I had the chance to work with experienced coaches. I learned a lot from them. I had the opportunity to play with players who were alredy player-of-the-year like Rivaldo, Figo and the current coach Guardiola. They're all important players.

Even if you just train with them you do learn from them. They were very positive years. It was my own decision to leave Barcelona. I didn't play the games I wanted to play. I also didn't have the opportunities I wanted. Therefore, I left Barcelona. I had the possibility of playing with Benfica. That's what I did."

01:40 About returning home and playing with Benfica
"When one returns home, the most important thing is to be happy. At Barcelona it didn't always work out well. When I was with Barcelona, in the evenings I wouldn't be happy when I came home. At Benfica I was really happy."

02:23 About leaving Benfica after 6 years
"I had offers from other clubs. I couldn't reach an agreement. I think it's a good thing to come back to the Spanish league. It's more competitive. There are teams that were weak before. Now, they're not as weak. Even if these teams aren't big clubs, this proves that players have more quality."

03:13 About one day playing the English Premier League
"It continues to be a dream of mine. Football over there- it has great expectations. I'd like to play there one day."


Your thoughts:

blog comments powered by Disqus