11 August 2008

The Tango in the Olympics

By Milan99, guest post

I'm an Argentina fan and I'm so glad they are in the quarterfinals of the Olympics!!! But I must admit that the Tango were NOT in the form that was expected from them before the Olympics! They are suppose to be favorites to win the Gold Medal!

A 2-1 win against Ivory Coast in their first Olympic game, the same result in the World Cup 2006 but the WC was a whole different win because it was more convincing! While in the Olympics Ivory Coast dominated the game for few minutes. Argentina were not favorite to win the WC but are favorite to win the Olympics!

I had to give Argentina a chance because after all its only the first game. But when they played against Australia and won 1-0, which is more disappointing, I couldn't simply forgive Argentina for such bad results! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE TANGO???

Comparing the Tango results with other teams results like Italia and Brasil both scored 6 goals in 2 games while the Tango scored 3 goals and even conceded one goal! Argentina were favorites before the Olympics now I believe the favorites to win the Gold are Italia or Brasil!!! I'm not sorry for that because I also like the Samba and the Azzurrini, but the Tango comes first!!!

Come on Argentina!!! Come on Riquelme guide the Tango to the Gold!!! Make the whole world dance Tango!!!

- What you guys think of the Olympics results? Are you convinced with your Olympic team results? and who you think will win the Gold Medal??




blog comments powered by Disqus