17 July 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo in Los Angeles, California- Nominated for ESPY award "Best Male International Athlete" July 16th Rafa Nadal won it



Cristiano Ronaldo in the same state as I am! He's here in California for the 16th annual ESPY Awards, July 16, 2008. It will air on July 20th on ESPN. So the results were reported already even before people get to see it on TV in 3 days.

It honors the coolest & best star athletes and memorable moments from the last year. It's special because sports fans can vote online and profits go to charity.

To see a video of an interview where C. Ronaldo answers in English from the red-carpet area: Click Here Cristiano Ronaldo nomeado para "Melhor Atleta Estrangeiro" nos EUA

I wrote down what Cristiano Ronaldo said in English in this interview:

Reporter: They love you!

CRonaldo: They love me, they love me because maybe I play good football.

CRonaldo: I feel good. When you work all season, all year, to be one of the best player and be nominated now. I feel very good. I feel very proud. It's a good moment for me.

Reporter: How's that changed your life?

CRonaldo: Nothing changed in my life. I want to keep going like that, like a player, like a person. And I want to improve everything.

Reporter: When are you moving to L.A.?

CRonaldo: I have time. I prefer to play in Europe. It's better, in the moment. But, the future no one knows.

Reporter: What about Galaxy? Join the Galaxy.

CRonaldo: Yeah, you know, Beckham and Abel Xavier play there. I spoke with him a few times. He says it's great. Maybe in the future. I'm injured now. But I hope to come back soon because I like to play football. I miss the ball now.

------

So who are the other nominees for the same ESPY award of Best Male International Athlete?

- Rafael Nadal, Tennis
- Kaka, Soccer
- Manu Ginobili, Basketball
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Soccer

Pretty easy to guess who'll win. Rafa Nadal. By winning Wimbledon and the French open in one year! That's history-making and he's so likeable. We'll see how Cristiano Ronaldo does.

Update: Found the winners list July 19th- Rafa Nadal won it.

The ESPY site is slow because it uses Flash. I found this article with ALL the winners of the ESPY 2008. Yes, Rafa Nadal won it.


- What do you think of the nominees for Best Male International Athlete?




blog comments powered by Disqus