10 August 2009

Goalkeeper Quim uncomfortable by criticisms during pre-season that he was ''finished" in post-game video interview Aug 9, 2009

Quim was in goal for the 2009 Eusebio Cup against Inter Milan on August 9, 2009. Nonetheless he was dropped from Queiroz' call-up list for the August 12, 2009 friendly. Instead the 3 Portugal goalkeepers are Eduardo, Beto and Moreira.

Quim was asked in the mixed-zone after the Eusebio Cup to explain his 'silencing' gesture. Quim said in Portuguese with a serious face:

00:53: "I did it because, I went through this pre-season with people saying that I no longer had a career. Every day things like 'I was losing quality.' I think I deserve more respect for what I have already done. I'm an international player."

Next Portugal games 2010 World Cup qualification matches Group 1, Buy Tickets

Denmark- Portugal September 5, 2009, Venue: Parken, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hungary- Portugal September 9, 2009, Venue: Puskas Ferenc Stadium, Budapest, Hungary
Portugal - Hungary October 10, 2009, Venue: TBA, Portugal

Your thoughts


Bookmark and Share


blog comments powered by Disqus