25 July 2008

"The best footballer that I ever played with" said Freddy Adu of Rui Costa


American Freddy Adu will now play at AS Monaco. The contract is a one year loan. I think Benfica is much more competitive than AS Monaco so I'm not sure this club is the best for him to grow professionally.

Since I'm curious to see how former Portugal international, AC Milan, Rui Costa does as Benfica Sports director, I wonder why he decided to not keep Adu.

Adu had glowing words for Rui Costa as a footballer.

In an interview to "Don Balon" a weekly soccer managazine based in Catalunya, Spain, Adu said:

"He was the best footballer that I ever played with, and one of the best in his generation. For my part, I notice that I'm a different player and I hope to do the duties of the #10."


blog comments powered by Disqus