04 June 2008

Video- Petit admits he's getting into his best shape, in Portugal euro 2008 press conference, June 4th

Portugal-Turkey on June 7th. Your midfield for Portugal? Deco, ....., ....., Moutinho

June 4, 2008- Press conference before the training at La Maladière, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.

Midfielder Petit and Chelsea defender Paolo Ferreira

What Petit said. A part of the press conference


About his current form:

"I've worked well and I'm working on geting back into great shape. I feel strong and with the will to play. I know that on Saturday [Portugal-Georgia friendly on May 31st, in Viseu] I had to be in my best shape to play and that's what I want.

"I said it was my last European championship. I am 31 years old and these will probably be the last games with the national team. I've been here for 8 years and got lots of support from everyone when I announced my retirement from the European championship."

About Portugal's expectations in the UEFA EURO 2008:

"We're very concentrated to make a great European Championship and then we'll see. The first match will be decisive and we're studying Turkey. We know they have a good national team, with experienced players, that play in good clubs and our priority is to know them well."

About Portugal now OUT of the to 10 in the FIFA ranking!

"We have to have a great European Championship so that we can return to be in the top 5, the place where Portugal needs to be."

Source: www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=789382&idCanal=1252

SmileyCentral.com--What did you think of Petit's statements?